The Power of Sesame: 5 Benefits of Including Sesame in Your Diet
- Rich in Nutrients: Sesame seeds are a good source of several important nutrients, including protein, fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals. They are particularly rich in calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc, which are essential minerals for bone health, immune function, and energy production.
- Good for Heart Health: Sesame seeds contain compounds called lignans and phytosterols, which have been shown to have cholesterol-lowering effects. In addition, the healthy fats found in sesame seeds can help reduce inflammation and improve blood lipid levels, both of which are important for heart health.
- May Help with Blood Sugar Control: Sesame seeds have a low glycemic index, which means they do not cause a rapid spike in blood sugar levels. In addition, they are rich in fiber, protein, and healthy fats, all of which can help slow the absorption of glucose into the bloodstream and improve blood sugar control.
- May Improve Bone Health: Sesame seeds are a good source of calcium, which is important for bone health. In addition, they contain magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc, all of which are important minerals for bone health and density.
- May Have Anti-Cancer Properties: Sesame seeds contain compounds called lignans and phytosterols, which have been shown to have anti-cancer properties. In addition, sesame seeds are rich in antioxidants, which can help protect against oxidative damage and reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer.